In pace with changing times...
Smt. V.L.Indira Dutt, President of WTF, has proposed several projects to revitalise WTF, each of which is allocated to a Task Force Conveners with
sub-committees have been formed to carry out these projects. A few among these are :
Telugu with its mellifluous qualities, is called the "Italian of the East'. Its pride lies in its evolutionary expansion to suit every form of expression, but many can not read or write the language.
WTF on going and future plans:
- 1. To organise free courses to learn Telugu Language. This project is being implemented and about 400 students from Chennai , Coimbatore, Salem in Tamilnadu have already learnt to read, write and speak in Telugu . These efforts will be continued in the future.
- 2.To assist Non-resident Indians( NRIs ), settled abroad, decades ago, to keep contact with our mother land and language.
- Andhra Pradesh has a rich and varied cultural heritage.
WTF is striving to:
- 1.Identify the unrecognized talent of poor artisans, particularly those from rural areas. Already 500 unrecognised talented artisans from rural Andhra Pradesh have been identified and they also perfomed their skills at WTF events held at various places.
- 2.Encourage young upcoming artistes in rural and urban areas.
- 3. Revive folk and tribal dance forms by organizing programs at various places that the youth may appreciate these arts.
- Handicrafts of Andhra are a rich treasure of native culture.
WTF cares for :
- 1.Promoting indigenous knowledge systems in handicrafts that are an age-old treasure passed down through generations that they may be available for posterity.
- 2.Locating poor artisans and provide them with suitable support.